Saturday, April 13, 2013

Money Matters

     

       Today, I met with my friend Serene to discuss some saving strategies (Ha!). We first went to National Bookstore because she wanted to buy a small organizer so she can write her expenses, savings, etc. because she admitted that she's really not an organized person. Afterwards, we headed to McDonald's and sat down. We discussed how much we usually receive every pay day and how much we want to save. I told her that the effective way in saving is to set an amount to save and when pay day comes, set aside first the money intended for savings and whatever is left, that would be spent on your daily expenses or shopping. This is what I usually do years before but due to some financial constraints, I haven't been doing this practice nowadays. Before, I was really good when it comes to savings. I would withdraw all of the money in my ATM, get the money for savings and hide it inside my drawer. The remaining money would be for my expenses, groceries or if I would want to buy something for myself. When the next pay day would come, and if there is still some money left from my previous salary, I'd add it to my savings. Now, I feel guilty because I don't have any savings yet (well, except for the 10peso and 5 peso coins I'm collecting and saving). I still have to pay off my credit card and it's taking me so long to pay everything because I just pay slightly above the minimum amount. Shucks! Anyway, I promise myself that I'll start saving again and hopefully stick to my plan to save at least 4-5K every pay day. (crossing my fingers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment