Monday, April 29, 2013

South Trip: Alcoy, Cebu

      Since it's summer, my friends and I decided to go to the beach. An out of town trip was the decision to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and we're pretty sure the beaches in Mactan would be crowded and we were also looking for a cheaper accommodation.
    We decided to go to Tingko Beach in Alcoy since we've heard comments that this is a nice beach. And so, I searched online for possible accommodations. There were several resorts mentioned but one caught my attention since it has the same comment from different bloggers: very accommodating. The resort that I'm talking about is Cartagena Beachwalk Resort. I am really impressed because they were really accommodating and it feels like you're really part of the family. They would check up on you once in awhile to ask if you need anything. 
    Anyway, we arrived at Alcoy around two in the afternoon. We had a late lunch and after resting for a few minutes, we went to the beach. It was already low tide but we still decided to swim so that our day won't be wasted. We walked a few meters away where the white sand is, since there were a lot of seaweeds and rocks near the resort. We weren't able to stay longer in the water because we saw some jelly fishes and we started feeling itchy. So we went back to the resort and decided to prepare for our dinner. The owner even gave us a kaldero (pot) full of rice. And mind you, it's still hot... 
    After dinner 2 of our friends already went home since they can't stay overnight. The owners even offered to accompany them outside to wait for the bus. Excellent customer service, huh! The rest of us stayed outside our room and had a few drinks. We also played the famous Pinoy Henyo game from Eat Bulaga. We were only 5 girls and since it's an odd number, one decided to be our "timer" and "tanggera". We laughed out loud and had so much fun especially when the other pair was obviously cheating but still wasn't able to get a score. Hahahaha.. In the end, my partner and I won. The score was 4-2 and we realized that we're not really Henyos because it took us quite a long time to score (and to think the category was Easy.. hehehe).
     The next morning, after breakfast, we went for a swim. One of my friends decided to just stay in the room because she had rashes from the water. Earlier I mentioned that we started feeling itchy the previous day probably because of the jelly fishes. Lucky me, I was the only one who didn't have rashes/red spots in my body. But we still decided to go to the beach. We were glad that it's already high tide and the beach is really inviting because the water is blue and clear. We didn't feel itchy compared to the other day and there were a lot of people swimming and enjoying the water. 
    Overall, I had fun during this trip. Tingko Beach has clear water but the downside is, there are jelly fishes and a lot of seaweeds and the water causes itchiness. I am wishing that the people in Alcoy would join forces in cleaning the beach. Although the water is clear, I can't really say that it's clean because of the seaweeds,trash,etc. near the shore. Well, I am also hoping that the people visiting the beach would be responsible enough to throw their trash properly and not litter anywhere. 

Here are some of the pictures we took:
Entering municipality of Alcoy

Cartagena Beachwalk Resort
Cottages at Cartagena Beachwalk Resort
  
Low tide


Good Morning Alcoy!
Clear water
My friends and I with the owners of Cartagena Beachwalk Resort


P.S. I'll make another post about Cartagena Beachwalk Resort

3 comments:

  1. belle, ikaw man diay ni!I stumbled upon your blog through Cebu Food Spot :)

    Jo Ann @Food Wanderings In Asia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi joann!! hahaha... naulaw ko kay dli ko blogger. hahaha.. I followed your blog.. nice kaau.. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, belle :D hehe ka lingaw man ninyo oi, suroy suroy lang pirmi!

    ReplyDelete